The NorMIC series of workshops aims to teach biological researchers (PhD students, engineers, postdocs and young PIs) the principles of biological microscopes and image processing.
Time and place: Nov. 14, 2023 – Nov. 17, 2023, IBV, UiO, Oslo Norway Add to calendar
The theory part of this course will cover: image formation, processing workflow, segmentation, filters, de-convolution, rendering and visualization, classification, AI-based processing.
We will use the following software: Image J, Imaris, Nikon NIS, Deconvolution (Heintzmann Lab). Image J and Deconvolution are freeware and Nikon NIS and Imaris are commercial softwares but available at the NorMIC imaging platform.
The schedule for the course will be announced soon. You can register here
- Rainer Heintzmann (Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology in Jena, Germany)
- Rune Enger (Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Norway)
- Felix Margadant (Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Norway)
- Kay Schink (Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Norway)
- PC Cheng (State University of New York in Buffalo, USA)
- Frode Skjeldal (IBV, University of Oslo, Norway)
- Oddmund Bakke (IBV, University of Oslo, Norway)
- Ingrid Kjos (Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Norway)
- Edna, Xian Hu (NCMM, University of Oslo, Norway)
Organizing Committee: Edna, Xian Hu; Oddmund Bakke ; Felix Margadant ; Kay Schink
Supporting Staff: Larissa Lily, Linda Haugen, Harold Gutch, Sabry Razick, Melaku Tadesse